Texas Legends vs. Austin Spurs
Showcase Cup Home Opening Weekend
- Friday, Nov 4 7:30PM
About The Event
The Austin Spurs announced the team’s 2022-23 season schedule, which will be split into two parts for the second consecutive season: the 18-game Showcase Cup followed by a 32-game regular season. The 2022-23 Austin Spurs season is presented by SWBC.
Austin will tip off the Showcase Cup with back-to-back home games against the Texas Legends on Friday, Nov. 4 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 5 at 7 p.m. at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. The team will travel to México for the first time to face the México City Capitanes on Friday, Dec. 16 as part of the first-ever NBA G League season played in México.
During the Showcase Cup, teams will be separated into four regional pods and play 16 games against one another in NBA G League markets. The teams with the best winning percentage in each regional pod, along with the next four teams across the league with the best win percentages, will advance to compete for the Showcase Cup. The Showcase Cup will culminate with a single-elimination tournament to crown a champion at the 2022 AT&T NBA G League Winter Showcase from Dec. 19-22.
The Spurs will begin regular season play on Thursday, Dec. 29, hosting the Oklahoma City Blue at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park at 7:30 p.m., as all team records reset following the conclusion of the Showcase Cup. NBA G League Ignite will visit Austin on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 7:30 p.m. and Friday, Feb. 10 at 7:30 p.m. The Silver and Black will host their final regular season home game at the AT&T Center in San Antonio on Saturday, March 18, taking on the Greensboro Swarm at 7 p.m.
At the conclusion of the regular season, the top six teams in each conference will qualify for the NBA G League Playoffs presented by Google Pixel, followed by the NBA G League Finals presented by YouTube TV in April 2023.
Beginning in the 2022-23 season, games that advance to overtime will be determined by a final target score. The winner of an overtime game during the season will be the first team to reach or surpass the final target score, which will be the tied score after four quarters plus seven. Overtime will be untimed and games will end when a team surpasses the final target score. Additionally, all 31 games at the 2022 AT&T NBA G League Winter Showcase in Las Vegas will utilize a 25-point final target score during an untimed fourth quarter. Under this model, the final target score will be the leading team’s score after three quarters plus 25.
All 30 NBA G League teams, including NBA G League Ignite and the México City Capitanes, will compete in a total of 50 games during the 2022-23 season. No games will be played on Tuesday, Nov. 8 as part of the NBA’s focus on promoting nonpartisan civic engagement on Election Day.
Austin’s promotional and broadcast schedule will be announced at a later date, and single game tickets will go on sale later this month. Season ticket memberships are available now. To learn more, visit austinspurs.com/season-tickets/.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS - MASKS RECOMMENDED
The current safety guidelines and protocols in place at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park include (updated 4/19/22):
- FACE COVERINGS RECOMMENDED - H-E-B Center encourages patrons to wear a mask when attending one of our events but masks are not mandatory for entry. Please note that this policy may be adjusted on a show-by-show basis as dictated by artist or tour policy. Thank you for your cooperation in helping our community stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WASH HANDS / HAND SANITIZING STATIONS - Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the arena. Guests are encouraged to wash hands for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizing station often.
- CONSTANT CLEANING - All high touch areas throughout the venue are disinfected multiple times during events and the arena bowl is deep cleaned between events.
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH SCREENINGS - All employees receive contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue each day and testing as needed.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING ENCOURAGED WHERE POSSIBLE
- Cash is no longer accepted; only credit card payment accepted or purchase mobile parking ticket in advance at ticketmaster.com.
- BOX OFFICE
- Contactless Payment - Cash is no longer accepted and signatures have been waived.
- Mobile tickets - all tickets purchased at the box office will be delivered via SMS (text message).
- No will call
- SECURITY & ENTRY/EXIT POINTS
- Expanded entry points for social distancing.
- Guests required to use clear bags or avoid bringing bags if possible to reduce contact with personal items during security checks. BAG POLICY
- Cash is no longer accepted.
- Standard health & safety practices currently in place.
Parking Information / Purchase Advance Parking
H-E-B Center at Cedar Park features more than 2,600 parking spaces on its property, including parking for patrons with disabilities located in Lots B, F, G. Prices for parking vary by event and parking is CREDIT CARD ONLY. Parking is available for purchase in advance, which can be found below and at Ticketmaster.com for most events.
Day-Of-Event / On-Site Parking Rates:
$10 - General Lot
Premium Circle Lot Available for Ride Share and Pick-up/Drop-Off
VETERAN PARKING: H-E-B Center offers complimentary parking to disabled veterans and Purple Heart recipients with valid vehicle plates. Please notify the parking attendant upon arrival at the facility.
Purchase Advance Parking Passes: