Austin Area Urban League HBCU Basketball Classic
Huston-Tillotson University / Texas College / Jarvis Christian / Wiley College / Philander Smith / Dillard University
- Thursday, Nov 2 4:00PM
- Friday, Nov 3 6:00PM
About The Event
The Austin Area Urban League’s (AAUL) 2nd annual HBCU Basketball Classic comes to H-E-B Center at Cedar Park Nov. 2 & 3, 2023. The two-day tournament, created to enhance the visibility of HBCU athletic and academic programs, will feature
- Huston-Tillotson University (Austin, TX)
- Texas College (Tyler, TX)
- Jarvis Christian University (Hawkins, TX)
- Wiley College (Wiley, TX)
- Philander Smith University (Little Rock, AR)
- Dillard University (New Orleans, LA)
“We’re excited to have our program participate in the inaugural AAUL HBCU Basketball Invitational. This is more than a basketball game for us, as we celebrate and educate our culture, legacy, and history that will provide invaluable exposure to Huston-Tillotson University and an opportunity for our athletes to showcase their talent,” said Thomas Henderson, Men’s Basketball Coach, Huston-Tillotson University.
The AAUL HBCU Basketball Invitational seeks to elevate HBCU sports as a key driver of sports entertainment, but its impact extends beyond the court.
In addition to the games, the AAUL will host their Full Court Prep for Success youth program and a college and career fair. The youth development initiative will provide personal development skills for underserved boys and girls, ages 10-16 in cities across Central Texas. The college and career fair will feature a host of colleges and universities to engage with prospective students and top employers who are interested in diverse recruitment opportunities. These efforts will bring together various employers, experienced professionals, community-based organizations, and job seekers under one roof to deliver a best-in-class experience.
“While one team may walk away with the top prize, it’s our hope that everyone who attends, participates, or supports the tournament walks away feeling like a champion,” said Mario Davis, Special Initiatives Coordinator, Austin Area Urban League. “We’re thrilled to be a part of this entertaining, cause-worthy event that is expected to have a resounding effect on the HBCU community.”
About the Austin Area Urban League
Founded in 1977, the Austin Area Urban League is a nonprofit organization aimed at enriching the lives of citizens within the greater Central Texas Region. The Austin Area Urban League is one of more than 90 affiliates of the National Urban League providing direct services that impact and improve the lives of thousands in the Central Texas region. Aligning with the Empowerment pillars of the National Urban League, the Austin Area Urban League seeks to meet the needs of underserved populations in the Austin/Central Texas region by focusing on programming and Services in the areas of Education and Youth Development, Workforce and Career Readiness, Health, Housing, Justice, and Advocacy.
To learn more about the Austin Urban League and how you can support their programming, visit AAUL.org.
All-Inclusive Courtside Table Packages
All-Inclusive Courtside Table Packages are available on Ticketmaster.com on the event page:
- Reserved seat at courtside table
- VIP Wristband valid for:
- 1 trip through the Chef’s Table located on West End Floor
- 2 beer/wine drinks (no mixed drinks) at Floor bar, Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages at Floor Bar
Parking Information / Purchase Discount Advance Parking
H-E-B Center at Cedar Park features more than 2,600 parking spaces on its property, including parking for patrons with disabilities located in Lots B, F, G. Prices for parking vary by event and parking is CREDIT CARD ONLY. Parking is available for a discount rate when purchased in advance, which can be found below and at Ticketmaster.com for most events.
Day-Of-Event / On-Site Parking Rates:
$15 - General Lot*
$35 - Premium Lot B adjacent to East main entrance (limited availability)*
$40 - Premium Circle Lot located in front of the East main entrance (limited availability)*
*Discount applies when purchased in advance.
VETERAN PARKING: H-E-B Center offers complimentary parking to disabled veterans and Purple Heart recipients with valid vehicle plates. Please notify the parking attendant upon arrival at the facility.
Discount Parking Passes Available when Purchased in Advance:
Clear Bag Policy / Security Info / Prohibited Items / Cashless Venue
It is H-E-B Center policy that every person entering the building must go through a security screening process. Please arrive early to allow for this process.
H-E-B Center enforces a NO re-entry policy. Once you exit the building, you will not be allowed back into the building.
All major credit/debit card and Apple Pay are accepted in the venue. Please note, Apple Pay is currently not accepted at the box office or in the parking lots.
Click to enlarge image.
- All bags entering H-E-B Center will be searched.
- Clear bags cannot be any larger than 16" x 8" x 16"
- Clear bags cannot have any colored tinting or obstructive patterns.
- Non-clear bags cannot be any larger than 4.5" x 6.5."
Exceptions may be made for diaper bags (with child present) or bags required for medical purposes.
- Clear bags cannot be any larger than 16" x 8" x 16".
- Non-clear bags cannot be any larger than 4.5" x 6.5."
- Exceptions may be made for diaper bags (with child present) or bags required for medical purpose
- Weapons of any kind (guns, knives, Tasers, mace, or glass)
- Umbrellas larger than 12" or tents that can block the view of other guests
- Air horns or noise makers
- Confetti or streamers
- Signs or banners larger than 22" x 28" in size
- Video recording devices (i.e. GoPro), long lens professional cameras, tri-pods, (approved and credentialed media excluded)
- Explosives or explosive devices, including, but not limited to fireworks, poppers and cap guns.
Health & Safety
The current safety guidelines and protocols in place at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park include:
- FACE COVERINGS RECOMMENDED - H-E-B Center encourages patrons to wear a mask when attending one of our events but masks are not mandatory for entry. Please note that this policy may be adjusted on a show-by-show basis as dictated by artist or tour policy. Thank you for your cooperation in helping our community stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WASH HANDS / HAND SANITIZING STATIONS - Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the arena. Guests are encouraged to wash hands for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizing station often.
- CONSTANT CLEANING - All high touch areas throughout the venue are disinfected multiple times during events and the arena bowl is deep cleaned between events.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING ENCOURAGED WHERE POSSIBLE
- Cash is no longer accepted; only credit card payment accepted or purchase mobile parking ticket in advance at ticketmaster.com.
- BOX OFFICE
- Contactless Payment - Cash is no longer accepted and signatures have been waived.
- Mobile tickets - all tickets purchased at the box office will be delivered via SMS (text message).
- No will call
- SECURITY & ENTRY/EXIT POINTS
- Expanded entry points for social distancing.
- Guests required to use clear bags or avoid bringing bags if possible to reduce contact with personal items during security checks. BAG POLICY
- Cash is no longer accepted.
- Standard health & safety practices currently in place.