H-E-B Center Safe & Sounds Series
- Friday, Jan 22 7:30PM
About The Event
**This event date is subject to State of Texas and local government guidelines for helping the community stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Country music star and American Idol Season 10 winner, Scotty McCreery takes the stage Friday, January 22, 2021 at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, as part of the venue’s Safe & Sounds Series, which features POD seating and industry leading safety protocols.
About Scotty McCreery
“I’ve lived a lot of life since my last record,” says Scotty McCreery. “I moved out on my own, I travelled across the country and the world, I got engaged, I was dropped by my label, I was even robbed at gunpoint. So I really wanted this album to show who Scotty is at 24, what’s going on in my life, and I think we accomplished that.”
With his third album (plus a chart-topping Christmas record), the young star takes a huge creative step forward. He co-wrote all 11 songs on Seasons Change, working with some of the finest songwriters in Nashville to express a wide range of emotions and musical styles. And after a lengthy legal struggle that kept him on the sidelines for several years, McCreery placed a bold bet with his career that has paid off with a new label and a reinvigorated attitude.
After winning Season 10 of American Idol in 2011, McCreery made history when he became the youngest male artist of any genre, and the first country music artist ever, to have his debut album enter at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. Clear as Day was certified Platinum for sales of one million units in just 13 weeks and became the best-selling solo album released by a country artist in 2011. The singles “I Love You This Big” and “The Trouble with Girls” were also certified Platinum. He won the New Artist of the Year award at both the Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards and the American Country Awards, and also received the CMT Award for Breakthrough Video of the Year for “The Trouble with Girls.”
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS - MASKS REQUIRED
All events at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park will include activation of ASM Global’s “Venue Shield”– an advanced environmental hygiene protocol that will also be deployed in more than 325 ASM facilities around the world. ASM Global, which manages H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, is the world’s leading venue management and services company. Venue Shield reduces physical touch points, increases venue sanitization and cleanliness, and provides various health monitoring guidelines and services.
The safety guidelines and protocols in place at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park include:
- FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED - All employees and visitors MUST wear a cloth face mask to cover both nose and mouth, as social distancing cannot be maintained in the arena bowl. One-time use disposable masks are provided if the guest does not already have one. Those who cannot keep face masks in place, including small children, are exempt.
- WASH HANDS / HAND SANITIZING STATIONS - Fifty (50) hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the arena. Guests are encouraged to wash hands for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizing station often.
- CONSTANT CLEANING - All high touch areas throughout the venue are disinfected multiple times during events and the arena bowl is deep cleaned between events.
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH SCREENINGS - All employees receive contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue each day and testing as needed.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING ENCOURAGED WHERE POSSIBLE
- Floor markers installed at all line queues (main entrances, box office, concessions, restrooms, merchandise).
- Limited capacity in elevators to one party or family at a time.
- Limited capacity in restrooms at one time.
- All staff is required to wear masks and gloves
- Cash is no longer accepted; only credit card payment accepted or purchase mobile parking ticket in advance at ticketmaster.com.
- Valet is suspended until further notice.
- BOX OFFICE
- Contactless Payment - Cash is no longer accepted and signatures have been waived.
- Paperless tickets - all tickets purchased at the box office will be delivered via SMS (text message).
- No will call
- SECURITY & ENTRY/EXIT POINTS
- Expanded entry points for social distancing.
- Staggered entry times for guests.
- Guests encouraged to use clear bags or avoid bringing bags if possible to reduce contact with personal items during security checks.
- All staff is required to wear face masks and gloves
- Cash is no longer accepted.
- Sneeze guards have been added at all purchase points.
- All shared condiment & utensil stations have been removed and replaced with single use condiment packets and pre-packaged utensils kept behind the concession stand counters.
- Lids will be used on all beverages including soft drinks and draft beers.
- More pre-packaged foods will be offered.
- Water fountains turned off until further notice.
$15 General Lot
$25 Premium Lot located in front of the East main entrance (limited availability)
COVID-19 Safety Changes for Parking:
- Valet is temporarily suspended until further notice.
- All parking attendant staff is required to wear masks and gloves.