Cirque du Soleil Crystal
- Wednesday, Feb 21 7:00PM
- Thursday, Feb 22 7:00PM
- Friday, Feb 23 7:00PM
- Saturday, Feb 24 11:30AM
- Saturday, Feb 24 3:30PM
- Saturday, Feb 24 7:30PM
- Sunday, Feb 25 1:00PM
- Sunday, Feb 25 5:00PM
About The Event
On the heels of a string of successful shows across the State of Texas during the first half of 2023, Cirque du Soleil has announced that it is bringing CRYSTAL, the company’s dizzying combination of ice skating and acrobatics to the Austin area from Wednesday, February 21 through Sunday, February 25 for eight performances at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Cirque’s 42nd original production, CRYSTAL is a magical blend of visual artistry, acrobatics and ice skating that explores a powerful message of self-love and self-discovery that resonates with all ages.
“CRYSTAL pushes the boundaries of what is possible within the discipline that is the circus arts. The show highlights Cirque du Soleil’s creativity in a new way and encourages audiences to find the magic of the everyday,” says Artistic Director Robert Tannion. He added, “Every time you watch the show, you’ll see something new; it is a magical, dreamlike production bursting at the seams with high-quality visuals, familiar songs and of course that adrenaline inducing Cirque-style action that audiences all over the world have come to know and love. We can’t wait to bring CRYSTAL back to Texas.”
In CRYSTAL, jaw-dropping traditional circus acts including swinging trapeze, aerial straps, hand-balancing, banquine and pendular poles, have been adapted to be performed on a brand-new creative territory – the ice. Over 40 artists, both acrobats and skaters, perform in the air and on the ice, seamlessly weaving together both disciplines into a one-of-a-kind spectacle.
In order to make the transition from the stage to the ice possible, Cirque’s wardrobe team adapted the 5,000 pieces of costume the tour travels with to withstand the rigors of the ice and the strenuousness of each performance. Porters – the performers designated to catch the acrobats who are tossed into the air – wear special padding on their shoulders, as well as gloves made of Kevlar to absorb shock and protect them from the razor-sharp skate blades. Further, all costumes are designed with water resistant and non-absorbent materials which allows artists to gracefully slide and glide on the ice without getting wet. Lastly, to enable the acrobats to perform high-level flips and tumbling on the ice, specially made shoes have been constructed with small metal spikes in the soles, helping to stabilize their balance and perform floor tricks on the ice.
THE VIVID AND POWERFUL STORY OF CRYSTAL
At the heart of CRYSTAL lies a captivating tale that transports audiences into a vivid world of playful imagination. Centered around the journey of a young woman named Crystal, this Cirque du Soleil show created by Shana Carroll and Sebastien Soldevila follows Crystal as she embarks on an exhilarating journey of self-discovery full of whimsy and wonder. The further the narrative pulls the audience into this world, the more their adrenaline soars as Crystal becomes who she was always destined to be – herself.
THE UNIQUE WORLD OF CRYSTAL IS UNLIKE ANY CIRQUE SHOW BEFORE IT
This production boasts the distinction of being the first Cirque du Soleil creation to incorporate real snow (the team produces approximately 300 snowballs each week), large-scale interactive projections and an integrated spotlight tracking system – setting a new standard for immersive entertainment. CRYSTAL further defies convention by being the only Cirque du Soleil production currently touring to incorporate well-known pop songs into its soundtrack.
Tickets for CRYSTAL in Austin are available online exclusively to Club Cirque members starting today at 10 a.m. Sign up for free by visiting clubcirque.com. Tickets will be available for the general public on August 28 at Ticketmaster.com.
About Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is a world leader in live entertainment. In addition to producing world-renowned circus arts shows, the Company brings its creative approach to a large variety of entertainment forms, such as multimedia productions, immersive experiences, and special events. Going beyond its various creations, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group aims to positively impact people, communities and the planet with its most important tools: creativity and art. Since its creation in 1984, more than 378 million people have been inspired on 6 continents and 86 countries. The Canadian company now employs more than 4000 employees, including 1200 artists from 80 different nationalities. For more information about Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, please visit CDSentertainmentgroup.comhttp://www.cirquedusoleil.com/
Discounts available for groups of 10 or more!
To order choose one of the following options:
- Call 512-600-5013
- Complete ORDER FORM and send to email@example.com.
Parking Information / Purchase Discount Advance Parking
H-E-B Center at Cedar Park features more than 2,600 parking spaces on its property, including parking for patrons with disabilities located in Lots B, F, G. Prices for parking vary by event and parking is CREDIT CARD ONLY. Parking is available for a discount rate when purchased in advance, which can be found below and at Ticketmaster.com for most events.
Day-Of-Event / On-Site Parking Rates:
$22 - General Lot*
$40 - Premium Lot B adjacent to East main entrance (limited availability)*
$45 - Premium Circle Lot located in front of the East main entrance (limited availability)*
*Discount applies when purchased in advance.
VETERAN PARKING: H-E-B Center offers complimentary parking to disabled veterans and Purple Heart recipients with valid vehicle plates. Please notify the parking attendant upon arrival at the facility.
Discount Parking Passes Available when Purchased in Advance:
Prohibited Items / Clear Bag Policy / Cashless Venue / Security
It is H-E-B Center policy that every person entering the building must go through a security screening process. Please arrive early to allow for this process.
H-E-B Center enforces a NO re-entry policy. Once you exit the building, you will not be allowed back into the building.
All major credit/debit card and Apple Pay are accepted in the venue. Please note, Apple Pay is currently not accepted at the box office or in the parking lots.
Click to enlarge image.
- All bags entering H-E-B Center will be searched.
- Clear bags cannot be any larger than 16" x 8" x 16"
- Clear bags cannot have any colored tinting or obstructive patterns.
- Non-clear bags cannot be any larger than 4.5" x 6.5."
Exceptions may be made for diaper bags (with child present) or bags required for medical purposes.
- Clear bags cannot be any larger than 16" x 8" x 16".
- Non-clear bags cannot be any larger than 4.5" x 6.5."
- Exceptions may be made for diaper bags (with child present) or bags required for medical purpose
- Weapons of any kind (guns, knives, Tasers, mace, or glass)
- Umbrellas larger than 12" or tents that can block the view of other guests
- Air horns or noise makers
- Confetti or streamers
- Signs or banners larger than 22" x 28" in size
- Video recording devices (i.e. GoPro), long lens professional cameras, tri-pods, (approved and credentialed media excluded)
- Explosives or explosive devices, including, but not limited to fireworks, poppers and cap guns.
Camera Policy Notice
There is a strict no-camera policy during all Cirque du Soleil performances. (Working media can request press/photo credentials).
For the safety of the performers, strobe lights, lasers and similar items like shoes with lights are not permitted in the venue. Please review the full list of PROHIBITED ITEMS
Reminder! Dress to Stay Warm
This performance is on ice! It is advised to bring an extra layer to stay warm while enjoying Cirque du Soleil Crystal, in particular, those guests sitting at floor level.
Health & Safety
The current safety guidelines and protocols in place at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park include:
- FACE COVERINGS RECOMMENDED - H-E-B Center encourages patrons to wear a mask when attending one of our events but masks are not mandatory for entry. Please note that this policy may be adjusted on a show-by-show basis as dictated by artist or tour policy. Thank you for your cooperation in helping our community stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WASH HANDS / HAND SANITIZING STATIONS - Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the arena. Guests are encouraged to wash hands for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizing station often.
- CONSTANT CLEANING - All high touch areas throughout the venue are disinfected multiple times during events and the arena bowl is deep cleaned between events.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING ENCOURAGED WHERE POSSIBLE
- Cash is no longer accepted; only credit card payment accepted or purchase mobile parking ticket in advance at ticketmaster.com.
- BOX OFFICE
- Contactless Payment - Cash is no longer accepted and signatures have been waived.
- Mobile tickets - all tickets purchased at the box office will be delivered via SMS (text message).
- No will call
- SECURITY & ENTRY/EXIT POINTS
- Expanded entry points for social distancing.
- Guests required to use clear bags or avoid bringing bags if possible to reduce contact with personal items during security checks. BAG POLICY
- Cash is no longer accepted.
- Standard health & safety practices currently in place.