Greater Austin Comic Con 2021
POSTPONED FROM OCTOBER 3-4, 2020
- Saturday, June 19 10:00AM
- Sunday, June 20 10:00AM
About The Event
Greater Austin Comic Con originally scheduled for June 20-21, 2020 and October 3-4, 2020 has been rescheduled to Father's Day weekend, June 19-20, 2021 due to concerns and local restrictions put in place over the COVID-19 pandemic. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the new dates.
- Saturday, June 19, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 20, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
**These event dates are subject to State of Texas and local government guidelines for helping the community stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
GACC is a celebration that brings all things pop culture together. GACC will provide two family friendly, entertainment fun filled days of vendors, gaming competitions, cosplay contests, super hero theme car show, and lots of entertainment for kids. GACC will have guests that include movie& TV Stars, sports Stars, world renowned cosplay artists, game developers, comic book creators, artist/writers and so much more.
More information on celebrity guests will be posted at www.hebcenter.com and www.greateraustincomiccon.com, as it becomes available, or follow @GreaterAustinCC Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat and Tumblr.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS - MASKS REQUIRED
All events at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park will include activation of ASM Global’s “Venue Shield”– an advanced environmental hygiene protocol that will also be deployed in more than 325 ASM facilities around the world. ASM Global, which manages H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, is the world’s leading venue management and services company. Venue Shield reduces physical touch points, increases venue sanitization and cleanliness, and provides various health monitoring guidelines and services.
The safety guidelines and protocols in place at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park include:
- FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED - All employees and visitors MUST wear a cloth face mask to cover both nose and mouth, as social distancing cannot be maintained in the arena bowl. One-time use disposable masks are provided if the guest does not already have one. Those who cannot keep face masks in place, including small children, are exempt.
- WASH HANDS / HAND SANITIZING STATIONS - Fifty (50) hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the arena. Guests are encouraged to wash hands for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizing station often.
- CONSTANT CLEANING - All high touch areas throughout the venue are disinfected multiple times during events and the arena bowl is deep cleaned between events.
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH SCREENINGS - All employees receive contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue each day and testing as needed.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING ENCOURAGED WHERE POSSIBLE
- Floor markers installed at all line queues (main entrances, box office, concessions, restrooms, merchandise).
- Limited capacity in elevators to one party or family at a time.
- Limited capacity in restrooms at one time.
- All staff is required to wear masks and gloves
- Cash is no longer accepted; only credit card payment accepted or purchase mobile parking ticket in advance at ticketmaster.com.
- Valet is suspended until further notice.
- BOX OFFICE
- Contactless Payment - Cash is no longer accepted and signatures have been waived.
- Paperless tickets - all tickets purchased at the box office will be delivered via SMS (text message).
- No will call
- SECURITY & ENTRY/EXIT POINTS
- Expanded entry points for social distancing.
- Staggered entry times for guests.
- Guests encouraged to use clear bags or avoid bringing bags if possible to reduce contact with personal items during security checks.
- All staff is required to wear face masks and gloves
- Cash is no longer accepted.
- Sneeze guards have been added at all purchase points.
- All shared condiment & utensil stations have been removed and replaced with single use condiment packets and pre-packaged utensils kept behind the concession stand counters.
- Lids will be used on all beverages including soft drinks and draft beers.
- More pre-packaged foods will be offered.
- Water fountains turned off until further notice.
H-E-B Center has a select number of prohibited items that cannot enter the facility. These items include but are not limited to the following. Thank you for your cooperation!
Bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6" and Backpacks
clear bags/clear backpacks are acceptable
some vendors will be providing free bags for attendees (limited quantities)
Specialty Greater Austin Comic Con bags are available for purchase on the main concourse.
weapons and objects that may be used as weapons (i.e. bats, rocks, brooms / Exception: hockey sticks are permitted at Texas Stars games)
outside food and beverage
cans, bottles, alcohol, and coolers
explosives or explosive devices including, but not limited to, fireworks, poppers, cap guns
EXCEPTIONS FOR COMIC CON:
Professional Cameras are allowed for this event (no tripods)
Costume props are allowed, but are subject to security screening
Attendees with costume props must enter through EAST MAIN ENTRANCE ONLY
Masks permitted, but must be removed during security screening
General Parking: $5
Valet: Not available for this event
Pick-Up/Drop Off: There is a designated area by the East main entrance that can be accessed from the 183A frontage road next to the marquee (typically known as the valet circle - valet not in use for this event)
COVID-19 Safety Changes for Parking:
- Valet is temporarily suspended until further notice.
- All parking attendant staff is required to wear masks and gloves.